Friday, May 1, 2009

Genneper Parken Continued

I have visited the Genneper Parken a couple of times now. Friday evening we decided to go as a team to try to find the remaining caches, and finish a couple of the series over there.
The first thing to do was to look for the clue in a cache for a bonus cache that I missed when I logged that cache before.
The second thing to do was to find a new clue for a cache that recently changed that I missed the last time I was here, due to an old print-out of the cache.
Then up to the first cache (GC1FDNR - Genneper Hymne / Deel 2: Allegro), a micro that kept me busy, the first time I was over here I had an old print-out and got the wrong hint, so I searched on the wrong spot and couldn't find it. The next time I was here a muggle was very interested in what I was doing as a female alone sniffing around, and he asked whether I lost something. I decided to cancel my search and come back another time. Now was that moment and I immediately found the canister, log-time 18:30.

Next cache (GC1AY9E - Tik eens een blauw eitje) was one that I searched before, I was searching for a blue egg as the title of the cache mentions. I was here once before but couldn't search thoroughly due to a lot of people and dogs around at that time. Now it was a less busy and again almost immediately spotted the blue egg and logged it at 18:50.

We now had all the information available to try and find a bonus cache (GC1H9XV - Rondje Gennep).
On the way over there Tobold had to walk in the water in front of the swimming pool "De Tongelreep". He is really enjoying this.

Then we needed to wait at a busy spot before the cache could be logged. This is the way through from the parking lot to the swimming pool and a lot of people pass by here. How can you dive into the bushes without being seen?

But one of us managed to do this and log the cache at 19:18.

For finishing this cache we earned the next banner:
Rondje Gennep
Next to do was to find a canister with a clue for another bonus cache. In this canister we found the following picture. We had to find the sign shown here and replace C, D, E, and F with the found numbers at the real sign.

With the found clues we could calculate the start coordinates of the bonus-cache (GC1FZQ1 - Genneper Hymne / Deel 5: Grande Finale), a short multi that brought to a couple of nice spots beside the small river Tongelreep, that Tobold couldn't resist and had to enter at one spot.

We found the cache and were able to log at 21:25 just before getting dark.

And on the way back to the car we were able to find the cache-box of the multi (GCJK03 - Genneper Parken) that I was searched and sort of found (empty hole) for some time ago at the old spot. Now at the correct new location.
Logged at 21:45 just being dark making our total caches 233.

No comments: