Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Roundabout

For my work I had to travel across the country, and in that part of the country the cache GCNRGQ-Rotonde) is hidden. I was pointed towards this cache by another cacher a while ago and I became very curious about it. This was the opportunity to take a look at it.

First I had to find four mini-caches that contained tiles with letters that needed to be combined into a word. Fortunately the letters were also given for the German and the English word, so it was not too hard to figure out the word needed.

With this word I could figure out the position of the cache-box. What a great way to hide a cache container. Never seen that before!

I could add our name to the logbook at 16:10.

In this part of the country also the mystery cache (GCQCG2-Theyeti 7 : Heptagram) is hidden, one that I solved a while ago. The start coordinates on the geocaching.com site are located in an area that we visit once in a while, but the calculated coordinates are in a totally different part of the country. In the period this cache is hidden it was probably allowed to do this.

It brought me to a very nice wetland area, where I needed to walk over a wooden path.
I found and logged this one at 16:45

And then driving home, I made a little de-tour to try to find the cache (GC1M62H-Rashonden ter Wereld).
It is hidden in a nice area that was lovely to walk in.

When searching for the cache I slipped into a hole with one of my legs, and almost couldn't get out. That was a little adventure, being alone out there, far from home. But I managed to free myself and could continue with the search.

Found the box and logged our name at 19:00, time to drive home.

No comments: